Sunday, August 23, 2009

wierd dreams

I was up late last night, I think, working on the computer. I was playing on facebook, amidst writing on my book, and making up the invite list to turtle's birthday party. When Turtle woke up, I went in to nurse her but fell asleep and we both woke up about 6:30 this AM. I fell asleep thinking about an old friend from my childhood and how I've been finding more people from my life back then via facebook. That is wondeful and wierd to me, I'll explain in a bit.

Today, I was nursing turtle to sleep for her nap, and fell asleep right next to her. I fell asleep with my head propped up on the headboard.

In my dream, my head was burning, and I wasn't sure why. I was with this friend of mine, who is a therapist, and he was doing therapy with me, why I have no idea. Anyway, he was doing all these weird things, like grabbing my wrists to see my reaction, and pinching me, and just really weird stuff.

Then he put a trash can over my head, and it still had trash in it, (that part makes me laugh) but he asked me, "Are you scared?" and I said, "No, I'm mad!" and I was watching all the little floaties from the trash come down around me, hoping none of it would actually touch me.

Then the dream switched and I was observing this family. It was a neurotic mother, an abusive father and a youngish boy.(about 8) I must have been making a home observation, because I was in their house, sitting across from them, and they were all posed on the couch, ready to tell me what a good job they were doing as a family. I asked them how they were doing, and the mother said in a saccharine voice, "We're fine" I asked them if there had been any incidents. Everyone said no. But then the husband reached behind the wife's head and grabbed her neck, in that abusive manner. He said "No, at least there had better not have been any incidents." Then the boy said something, and they both turned and hit him in the back of the head.
Suddenly I wasn't even in the room anymore, not as the therapist anyway. But suddenly Turtle was there, on the couch next to them, or by them. I started to tell her I didn't want her seeing this crap; but before I could even say anything, she got up and walked to the back of the trailer. Yes, they suddenly lived in a a trailer. And I put myself between her and the weirdness that was going on behind me. I watched her with one eye, but was on guard for what the family would do next.

They were all still sitting on the couch, but now, they were making small talk amongst themselves. The mother had picked up a cupcake, where she got it, I Don't know, but she put it in her mouth, and was talking and suddenly, she starts gagging and spitting it out. She's going on and on about it being poisoned, and the husband and boy just sit there, watching her. Then she just stops and takes another bite. But her son takes a cupcake and bites into it, and they both smack it out of his hand, and it's goes flying across the room. He stands there with this bewildered look on his face, and the cupcake is lying flat on the floor, frosting side down, with all the little candies that topped it, all scattered all over the floor. I remember laughing when they smacked it out of his hand, because no matter the situation, anytime, anyone smacks food out of someone's hand, just as they are going to bite, looks hilarious!

Anway, so i'm still standing there, between the family and turtle, who is on the other side of this wall, playing away, totally unaware of what is going on. I suddenly feel this horrific pain in my head again, like burning. The family is fighting amongst themselves, aruguing, when suddenly someone comes into their house. The feeling in the air got all ominous... and I thought it was my friend-the therapist coming to do a house check. But I knew it was someone coming to commit murder. Someone was going to die, I didn't know who, but someone in that room. I picked up Turtle and headed out, shielding her against my body. My head was still burning, I woke up and my head was smashed in to the wood grooves on the headboard.
That is where the burning painful feeling was coming from.

I have no idea what the dream was about.. well ok, after writing it out, I have a few ideas. But it was weird, and funny, and scary.

No comments: