Tuesday, August 25, 2009

If boobs make you squeamish, don't read this.

NOTE:::
I discuss boobs and the sustenance of my child in the following post.. if these make you squeamish.. leave now.


Turtle is almost two. Some days I think she is getting ready to wean, not that I know what that is like having never had a child before. But I wonder about it, because from the time she was born, and put on my breast, she has always been clockwork with her nursing. Now, she seems to skip her morning nurse times, usually because we are playing outside somewhere. And my breasts seem different, not as full of milk.
If she is going to wean, I'm happy and sad. I'm happy because it means she did it on her own, of her own choosing, and that also means she is a happy, healthy, well adjusted baby who feel secure. I'm sad because who wouldn't be sad at the conclusion of such a wonderful time that you have spent with the smallish love of your life?

I have more to say on this, but I'm tired, and I want to go to bed.

No comments: