Monday, August 3, 2009

Hazy night with clear thoughts.

Tonight was my women's group. I love them, they are some amazing women. I have two new members and so we got to know each other a little better. I think they will be coming back, and they are a perfect fit for our group. But, I had to break the bad news tonight. We may not get refunded, from the powers that be; which means, I'll be out of a job, and our little group will technically be disbanded.

But, I am toying with the idea that I will continue with the group even if we don't get refunded, and I don't get a paycheck. It is an important group for my women, I have seen the two regulars change in the year we have been together. I know it makes a difference, and it is too important to let go. I asked if they wanted to continue and they did, so I will continue with it, and look to get funded from other places. The place where we meet is wonderful and community oriented so they will let us keep meeting there. Right now, Subway provides our dinner, so we will have to switch to potluck, and that is ok too.
So, i will have to go write up a proposal and start hitting the pavement for some mazaska. It is such a needed service in this town, I'm sure it will get funded.

On the way home tonight, I drove slowly. Well, five miles under the speed limit. It was a perfect summer night, just the right temperature, the sun was still up and there was a haze over the horizon. It's nice to live in a place where the haze isn't because there is too much pollution in the air. I was feeling on top of the world. I was bopping out to some singer on the radio, (HOPING it wasn't bratney spears,) and thinking about getting home to my family and playing outside. So I buzzed up the driveway, bounced into the house. I was greeting by a diaper wearing, paint covered turtle, who commenced to CRACK me up with her impression of "calm". I then put her in the sling, and we all went for a walk on our property. It was gorgeous and perfect. We are so blessed and we were all feeling blissed out on our family love and blessings. It was a beautiful night. Now, turtle sleeps happily and I need to get to work on my proposal.

In the distance, lighnting flashes and thunder rumbles. I'm grateful for my laptop.

1 comment:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I drove tonight, too. And I called it muggy outside- I loved the smell of it. Finally a breath of summer. I drove a little slower, too. : )

Steph