Friday, December 12, 2008

Setence and TAGGED

M over at secret notebooks, wild pages, has started this great new activity that we will be participating in.

The instructions are:

Grab the nearest book.
Turn to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence. Write it down.
Write down the next two to five sentences.

Post it on your blog...then go tag five others.

So here is mine:

Not even hound to scold.
We wait because at least we wait among what's left of us, our beads and thimbles.
Quilts. Our widow's weeds.

Out there beyond the last ridge, what waits?

This is taken from the poem: Shelton Laurel Diary: by Kathryn Stripling Byer which is from the Anthology: Birthed From Scorched Hearts, edited by Marijo Moore.

OK! Now, I'm tagging:

Breathe as Me

Red or Grey

Kim Wentz

What possessed me

And in an effort to get Rowena back to the blog world....
wonderlanding

Have fun! I can't wait to read them!

1 comment:

joanne said...

hi Mary!

Thank you so much for your visit and for your link to me. How kind of you to think of me!

It is so funny because I am traveling for work and looked all around my hotel for a book and don't have one...(which is sort of ironic given that my home is full of them)...not even a Gideon bible to be found in here...

Have a beautiful weekend!