Wednesday, June 18, 2008

a tidbit

OK, so we were supposed to go to Sx City this past weekend, but our insurance wasn't in place, so we canceled the appointments and decided to go to Rapid, since Mihigna had Friday off anyway. I stopped by the bookstore on my way out to pick up a new book I wanted to read. It is called, He's not Autistic but... I was turned onto it, from another mommy blog...can't remember which one now. Anyway, with cunksi facing her MMR, we are a bit nervous about her getting it. It was really helpful to read the book, and it helped some, but I'm still uncertain.
It is a must read for all moms, but people without children could read it too. there is a really interesting information on aluminum. To some people it may sound new age-y but there is still really good info on general health in there.
It's funny for me, because decades ago, I knew aluminum was linked to Alzheimer's (my mother was a director of nursing, so I got a lot of the info people are just now getting.) so, I stopped using aluminum things, and cut out my deodorants with aluminum in them. Thankfully, they have a lot of aluminum free deodorants now that are easy to get. (I can do a whole post on that alone.)
Anyway, I read it from Rapid to Kyle, and then from Kyle, back home. It is the first book I've read all the way through since cunksi was born. I feel less apprehensive about the risk for autism now but am not completely assured. So, I will continue to do research. I'll keep you posted on my findings.
In other news. I have been offered to become a certified instructor for a parenting class. This thrills me, because this is right down my ally!! I will be able to do workshops here as well as on the rez, which will be so beneficial. More on that when I know.

Ok, that is all I have time to update right now...
Professor, I got your message... I will email later, when I can.

No comments: